Sunday, July 19, 2009

#200












#200, Lower East Side, NYC


Over the past few years, it's become innundated with improbable high rises and lifeless luxury hotels, but you can still count on the Lower East Side for some good old-fashioned grassroots murals. I've seen plenty of graffiti spray-painted over shop windows protesting the yuppification of the LES, but I'm about style as well as substance, and this wall of misbehaving kitties gets it just right. The full text of the newspaper headline reads: Lower East Side Rejoices as Yuppies Commit Mass Suicide. Not pictured is the syringe by the kitty's side.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

misbehaving kitties!!!! Syringe or not, I always love me a wall with pictures of kitties.

Therese Cox said...

Of course! When I excavate my notes, I can even tell you exactly where it is so you can see for yerself.

Ray Gunn said...

Words do not express how much I love this.

Therese Cox said...

Ray, and this is only one small section of it. You'd kind of love the rest of it. It's almost epic.

Julie said...

For mine I am celebrating understanding what you all mean by LES.